Royal Gourock Yacht Club commands an excellent shorefront location in Ashton and overlooks the anchorage. We are a long established club with a strong history, however we are very much focused on the future and keen to attract new members to participate in our many waterside and social activities.
Travelling to RGYC
RGYC attracts and retains membership by providing excellent sailing and shore side social facilities in an inclusive and progressive atmosphere for a wide range of members of all ages in its beautiful and historic waterfront Clubhouse
The Club offers sailors and like-minded people in the community enjoyment and involvement gained through an extensive year-long calendar of social and training events supported by our friendly and committed staff.
It is a most active Club that provides a comprehensive full service mooring facility with launch access, excellent racing, a high standard of race management and a scenic and cost effective base to cruise from.
It is the most welcoming and inclusive Club in Inverclyde and the choice for all ages wishing to learn, develop and enjoy their sailing skills by providing training in our fleets of well-maintained and safe boats.
RGYC Mission Statement
Royal Gourock Yacht Club provides its members with sailing, social and recreational activities with efficient bar and catering facilities in a friendly and inclusive atmosphere in its historic scenic location on the Firth of Clyde.
It offers sail training opportunities, a moorings area with launch service, dinghy park, racing and cruising events organization and access to a fleet of well-maintained one design keelboats and dinghies.
It offers a satisfying and rewarding place of work for its staff.
Royal Gourock Yacht Club strives
- To encourage and promote sailing in all its forms
- To promote social events that attract attendance by members and guests
- To offer Bar and Catering services valued and used by members and guests
- To support racing and organise quality race management in a comprehensive seasonal programme
- To support a cruising programme with musters and flotilla cruises open to all Clyde clubs
- To educate and train adult members in the skills of sailing and to widen participation of the community in a friendly and constructive environment
- To encourage and welcome the young to learn and enjoy the sport of sailing, to train them to be competent in seamanship and racing and to foster the attributes of good sportsmanship
- To recruit, train and retain staff who are motivated and committed to the Club’s high standards
- To maintain our fleet of one design yachts for the use of our members.
- To enable the cost efficient use of laid moorings supported by the Club’s launch services
- To provide comfortable and quality recreational and sport facilities within our historic shore side clubhouse
- To attract bookings for our function rooms for private and commercial use
- To maintain and improve the historic clubhouse and its facilities for the benefit of members